I have seen so many of my blogger idols doing a post like this to end the year and LOVE it. So here are some my favorite posts of 2009. Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year!!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
If you are like me your schedule this week is a little crazy but you will still find time to blog and blog hop. This is a fun “get to know you” game. All you have to do is copy and past the questions to your post and then obviously change the answers to your own :)
If you don’t
want to have time to play along at least answer number twenty by leaving a comment with your new name ha ha.
1. What was your high school mascot? Eagle
2. What was your favorite music in Junior High? Mariah Carey everything!!
3. Name one thing many people don't know about you? I have never broken a bone (knock on wood right)
4. Where would your dream vacation be to? Fiji
5. Do you have any phobias? Dark parking lots
6. What was your favorite childhood toy? My cabbage patch doll named Molly
7. What TV shows did you grow up watching? Saved by the bell and Friends
8. Song or Artists you can't get enough of lately? Michael Buble
9. Favorite perfume? Brittany Spears Fantasy (I know your laughing but is smells so good)
10. Do you hang your toilet paper to unroll over or under? Over! Always!
11. What is the best concert you have attended? Black Eyed Peas and Carrie Underwood tie for first!!
12. Favorite TV show right now? Cougar Town
13. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes but it's not pretty :)
14. Favorite movie right now? The proposal (i can't get enough of it thanks alot Brandi lol)
15. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky charms duh
16. Favorite book right now? The Goose Girl
17. What is generally the first thing you notice about people? teeth
18. What are you listening to right now as you type this? hubby playing Mario kart
19. What word describes you best? routine
20. What would your stripper name be? (the name of the first childhood pet you can remember and the street name you grew up on) EbonyTower
Saturday, December 19, 2009
I saw these Christmas-y Cones (with a fantastic tutorial) while I was blog surfing the other day and I totally fell in love with them. My husband was a good sport and even made them with me (I know he must want something big from Santa huh?).
I think they turned out pretty good!! So if you need a project this week this one is super simple and it’s like a little surprise to see how they turn out.
Friday, December 18, 2009
My son had a blast making this dough and I think it makes the prettiest snowmen because the salt makes it a little sparkly.
The recipe makes this much dough so if you want more than this make sure to double it :)
What you need:
1 cup salt
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Food coloring or tempera paints (optional)
Heat the salt and 1/3 cup of water over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. (An adult should prepare this mixture, which gets quite hot and bubbly.) Remove from heat and add the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. The mixture should now look like thick mashed potatoes; stir until it thickens, then let cool for a few minutes before kneading. If the dough feels too sticky at first, your child can work in some extra cornstarch as she kneads. Add food coloring, if desired.
This dough will dry and harden in one to four days depending how thick the project is.
It will keep unrefrigerated for up to 2 weeks when stored with a small bit of wet sponge in a plastic bag or sealed container.
Here are his snowmen, cute huh?
We are going to save them and let him use them as decoration in his gingerbread house landscaping!!
Ok and now for a little
My Christmas card was featured on Tip Junkie and is now part of their annual contest. So if you want to vote for me they make it super easy.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
One day I was blog surfing (gasp I know) and came across this fantastic tutorial for a tuxedo scarf at crafty habit. I ended up making two of these form the fabric suggested and I might even have enough for a third.
The first one I made seemed a little wide for my taste….
So I modified the width of the scarf and the ruffle by almost half and came up with this one that fits me perfectly. I love the purple and I love that it’s a little bit more dressy than the other styles I have!
What do you think? And what have you been sewing lately??