Monday, May 11, 2009

Bubbles on a plate


If you have been following me (or if you live close by) you know that we are still living under a rain cloud ugh. Now I am not saying that the moisture isn't needed or appreciated but my gosh how many hours can you entertain a four year old in the house?? Ok now that I have that out of my system here is our latest rainy day project.....

Obviously you use a plate that is deep enough to hold a little bit of water and you just need a drop or two of dish soap, water, and a straw!! My son loves to do this and the fun always lasts longer than I expect it to.

10 comments:

  1. My daughter would make a huge mess with it. She would love it though. Hi from the SITStahood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bubbles are always a great entertainer, but i prefer in the outdoors, but if youre cooped up! go for it! thanks for stopping my my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love doing this with my boys!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow country rural blogging friend!
    Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day! I had ginormous fun.
    Bubbles are a great entertainer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always the simplest things that entertain kids the most, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that does look like fun. I am giving you a bloggy award, stop by my blog to pick it up.
    nickannycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!! What a great rainy day project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you over from SITS... LOVE your blog!! I don't have the energy yet to try this with my kiddos, but maybe when school is out I can give it a try... Can't wait to follow your posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a simple and fun activity! I will HAVE to try this next time I need some time :) Thanks sooooooo much for the blog award, too! I LOVE it and will definitly pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. really love your ideas, came here from Shanty2Chic

    If you add a bit of food coloring (or tempera paint) to this, you can lay a piece of paper over the bubbles and make a print! I'm looking at a blue and green print that my son made at church a few weeks ago when they were talking about water.

    ReplyDelete