Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fishy Fun

I am teaching my son all about fish this week. He is completely baffled by the fact that they can breath underwater lol.

The first project I had him do was to learn about fish scales and fins….

IMG_7698 

The second project took a little more time and preparation but he looooved making it…..

We cut out two giant fish and then cut shapes and circles out of old magazines and glued them on like scales

IMG_7702Then we stapled the two together and balled up magazine pages to stuff him with.

IMG_7703 

and this is how he turned out!

IMG_7707

7 comments:

  1. Fun project. My daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool project...maybe i'll have my niece give it a try!

    Stopping in from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids aren't they something?? Great project!

    I'm having a party called get your craft on Thurs. and would love for you to join..

    ReplyDelete
  4. why are you the funnest mom ever, I really need to follow in your footsteps! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! Love it and miss you! Yes, I will call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to remember this project. My daughter would like it. My problem is finding the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different way you approached teaching about scales.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete