Monday, September 21, 2009

Mealtime Monday: Sour Cream Enchiladas

IMG_6614We love to try new things and sometimes it totally flops lol. This actually was good the first time we made it but it needed a little something extra, so the second time around I topped it with homemade salsa mmmmmm so yummmo!  Here are the recipe’s for both and let me know if you try them or if you have a favorite chicken enchilada recipe!!

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

Mix this together in a large bowl

In separate bowl mix

2 cups cooked chicken (cubed or shredded I used shredded)

2 cups of cheese

3 chopped green onions

1 cup on the above soup/sour cream mixture

Dip tortillas in soup/sour cream mix

place chicken filling in the tortilla and roll it up

place in greased 9x13 pan (you can fit about 8)

cover enchiladas with rest of the mixture and more cheese if you want

cover and bake at 325 for 30-45 minutes

 

Homemade Salsa

(I topped the enchiladas with this right before i served them and its great just as a dip as well)

28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes

1/2 can green chili’s

1 tsp salt

1 tsp garlic salt

1 tsp red peppers

handful chopped green onion

handful chopped cilantro

combine ingredients in a blender and pulse till it’s the consistency you like

4 comments:

  1. i make a similar recipe but i season up my chicken (you know how I do) and add pace green chile verde salsa and sour cream to the mix. yummers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to get through the last hour of work... doesnt help when I see yummy things like this on my computer (perhaps i should be working?!!). But what more would I excepct, evertime I come here I leave with my mouth watering, oh and lots of inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we tried these last night... and MMMMMMMM they were so good, my hubby LOVED the salsa. .Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete