Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Car City

My friend Erin asked me to take a picture of this fun play mat and I thought what the heck maybe my bloggy fiends would like to see it as well. It was one of my husbands very favorite things to play with as a kid and is now one of my sons very favorite things in the world :)

DSCI0140

This is on a giant piece of canvas and is covered in great shops, stores, and houses made of felt. And what do you need with a big car city…..

DSCI0142

yep a giant bucket of cars.

8 comments:

  1. I have a friend creating one of these very things for her son!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am totally going to make it for my nephew for Christmas. Maybe I'll make one for my son too! You are such an inspiration! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! So cool that your husband kept that all these years and was able to pass it on to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and cute! =]

    My and my sister had something similar when we were little and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have something like that too. It's also great because it packs up and travels well too (just fold it up!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got one of these from the home depot and my boys love it. Your is much cuter though I have to say. This would make a wonderful gift to a boy baby shower. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, my son (he's 3) just say this picture and said..."I want you to buy all those cars for me, that's super cool." :)

    ReplyDelete