Saturday, October 01, 2011

Birchbox inspired bracelet tutorial

Remember this cute little guy….

Well I have finally finished my own version of this and I can’t wait to show you how I did it.

 

And now if you want to stick around I will show you the steps to the braided version of this because if you can do that one you can do any of them!

Basically I used crochet thread, tacky glue, and a metal charm….

I cut three separate pieces of thread about 22 inches long each (that is way more than you will need but it will be easier to work with)…

I like to secure my work with these paper clips and then I loop all three strands through my hoop….

Next I separate the strands out…….

And start braiding……..

Once I get the length that I want I tie a simple knot…

I like to make both braids on the same side so that I can get the length of each the same……

Hanging off each end you will have six strands and I like to cut it down to two so that it’s easier to manage….

I then secure the strands with my paper clips again and prepare to make the sliding knot…… the best tutorial I have found for making this knot is HERE. Trust me when I say she did a much better job of explaining this than I could have.

Last but not least I used tacky glue on the knots to keep them from fraying or falling apart……

let the glue dry and there you go…..

Tell me what you think and let me know if you have any questions!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this!

    I especially love the word "focus"....because i have so little of it some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! That bracelet looks so cool - I don't think I could ever make something like that! I love the look of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I lOVE it!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! :) I became a new follower! Erin

    ReplyDelete