Saturday, May 01, 2010

The best homemade play dough and an apology

I have to start with an apology to anyone who has left me a comment and waited for a response. The entire time that I am been blogging I thought that when a comment was posted and the notification was sent to my email that I could simply hit reply and shoot a comment back to you….guess what? It doesn’t work that way :)

When a comment comes to my email it is just a notification and has a “noreply-comment” address (most of the time). I am so embarrassed that I didn’t know this sooner. So I guess what I am saying is that I always try to reply or visit the blog of every comment I get and I thought I was doing so good. If you have a question or comment that I have never got back to you about please please resend it and I promise to reply properly :) (I know I am such a dork)

Now moving on to the best play dough we have ever made……We took out our play dough the other day and it looked like this

IMG_8314It was hard and crunchy and yep all mixed together. So I searched some of my favorite bloggers and found This Amazing Recipe from The Idea Room.

IMG_8308

We mixed it up and it is not only the softest best homemade play dough ever but it smells soooo good. Ours was cherry flavored yummmy!!

IMG_8313  Now go get the recipe and make it because you will not be sorry!

Last but not least I am wondering How do you reply to comments on your blog?

12 comments:

  1. Oh your question is a good one! I wondered how to reply to comments myself.. did it make sense to reply within the post? Should I comment on their blog? There were so many confusion options!

    Then, after another blogger, "Chronicles of a Country Girl", commented back to me via email I was like "ah-ha!". If you get email notifications that someone comments on your blog you will either see their return email address or {no-reply@blogger.com} in the email. If they have a email listed with their account you can reply right to them in a little email! (you can test this theory via my comment if you like!). I like this idea because I can send a little personal message without clogging up my comments in a post. And it seems much more personal to me.

    That's just my long winded take on it! Hope you find something that works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool. thanks for sharing the playdough recipe. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the first to make that error, nor the last, I'm sure!

    I am also giggling that your nail polish matches the playdough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh am I just like decades behind or what? How do you get an email notice that you even have a comment?

    P.S. I loved the last post. I am obsessed with Clorox wipes too & I tried the detergent cup in the washer yesterday. . .Fabulous!
    Sorry, I can't think of any of my own cool tricks to share.

    Miss ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I don't have any kiddos, but I babysit often and I think this would be a great thing to do for the little ones I watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't apologize. We love you. In fact, I thought I was following you out loud, and I wasn't. I am!

    Thanks for being a part of my SITS day and making it so spectacular. Your time and your words mean the world to me.

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find the funniest things to make/do! I guess I've been as smart as you, because I was replying the same way you were :) Now I know not to, Thanks!!! I miss you! I hope all is going well with you and your family!! You need to come back and visit us soon!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, very cool! I should try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Play Dough, I'm going to have to make some for my little kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No need to apologize!! You are awesome, Lacie. What a fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool! thanks for the recipe, it looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I can't wait to try the playdough recipe! One question....does any of the dye from the drink mix get on their hands? I'm assuming the answer is no or else this recipe wouldn't be used (I don't think I am the only one that wouldn't appreciate Kool-Aid stained hands all over my house...LOL). Just found your blog today! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete