Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Best Lemon squares!

I made these treats because I wanted to try another recipe out of my Bisquick recipe book and because (oddly) I actually had a couple of lemons in my fridge, and you would not believe how yummy they were. If I could offer you a bite I would or if I could somehow just transmit the smell of these to you, you would be hooked. I am still learning alot about cooking but for a first attempt at lemon bars I was sold!! They were easy and delicious!


Ingredients:
1 cup Bisquick
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons firm margarine or butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon Bisquick
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (I used 2 tablespoons because I read it wrong {sigh} it was still great :)
***Glaze***
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice plus 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 Stir together 1 cup Bisquick and the powdered sugar. Cut in margarine, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Press mixture in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown.
Stir together remaining ingredients except Glaze; pour over baked layer.
Bake about 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Glaze: Stir ingredients until smooth.
While warm, loosen edges from sides of pan. Spread with Glaze; cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment