Monday, April 05, 2010

An interview and a bracelet

I am feeling unworthy of the bloggy attention I have received lately…and the love keeps coming. I was interviewed by Leslie an amazing and inspiring blogger at {words of me project}. I always leave her blog with my mind stimulated and a smile on my face. In honor of my first interview I wanted to show you what I made this weekend.

My craft inspiration for today’s project actually started a few months ago…..when we went to a swimming pool that had a water slide. In order to go down the slide they gave you a wrist band. I guess I should explain that my son loves jewelry especially bracelets and necklaces (is that a bad sign lol). He was super excited and wore his water slide bracelet with a huge amount of pride. So you can imagine the day it finally fell off (over a month later yuck) how sad he was. I promised to make him and daddy some “boy” bracelets so they could wear them all of the time. This is what I cam up with:

IMG_8146Yep the old school hemp style bracelet, he was soooo excited.

I started with some hemp twine….

IMG_8152  I cut four strands (the length will depend on the size you want)…..

IMG_8141I tied them off to something because they are easier to manage that way….

IMG_8142Then you want to decide what two strands will be your middle pieces and what two are the sides…….IMG_8143The next part is a little complicated to explain but I had these pictures to help, the website I had printed these off  of years ago isn’t around anymore so this is the best I could do……  

IMG_8203If you want to add any beads all you  have to do is slide them on the two middle strands and keep going in the same pattern (don’t worry it twists on its own)

IMG_8148I tied it off with a clasp and we were good to go :)

IMG_8149   I have a feeling I should make a backup so if this one falls off we can avoid drama lol.

25 comments:

  1. That is the PERFECT boy bracelet, Lacie!! I know what you mean about wearing those water ride bracelets fro a month...my kids have done the very same thing:)

    {Thanks for sharing my blog here!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your blog boarders... just got back from vacation yesterday, but wanted to congratulate you on your 'featured blogger day'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a perfect boy bracelet! My son loves bracelets and necklaces too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute it that! your son is gonna love it! And yes a backup might be a great idea:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun ideas you have! Loved the St. Paddy's Oreos, they looked divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you over from SITS! Love the bracelet. I am loving and following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet mommy. I love that bracelet and I'm sure your son loves it too! =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bracelet!! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's the perfect type bracelet for a boy. i hope he enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bracelet. I'm into bracelets now. And you deserve the attention.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lacie - thanks for your fun ideas and lovely "voice." I've enjoyed perusing your blog!

    Becky D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I hope he likes it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super awesome boy bracelets. Cute and crafty blog. Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, the hemp necklace. I'm reliving my college days...

    How was your SITS day?

    Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go girl. You are like a blogging Celebrity!!! I know someone famous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that is a great boy brac...wrist decoration (-:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, another gentle reminder of just how uncrafty I am :p

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Cruising, HGTV Green Home, CRAZY Sexy Nerd and LAZY Me

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Lacie! Congrats on the interview! :) I also like the idea of a boy bracelett. Boys need fun crafty stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always wanted to know how to do that! Thank you! That is why I decided to follow you, for stuff like that. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too sweet! Don't be worried about him loving bracelets. The women love the sensitive yet strong types!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great boy bracelet! Good pics and instructions too! Thanks for sharing so much helpful info on lots of fun things! Happy Thursday to all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to make those all the time! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I use to love these bracelets. What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved making these back in collage. Im glad you posted how to do this. I still have hemp.

    ReplyDelete